For Broth and Chicken For Dumplings
2 Tbs olive oil 1-1/2 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
2 celery stalks, ends removed and chopped 1 tsp baking powder
4 carrots, peeled and sliced 1 egg
1 medium onion, diced 1 tsp salt
2 tsp salt 1/2 cup milk (or water)
1 tsp black pepper 1 Tbs olive oil
2 tsp ground cumin 1 Tbs fresh thyme, finely chopped
2 chicken boobs, 4 thighs, 4 legs (bone in with skin)*
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup water if needed
2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
MAKE AHEAD-BROTH AND CHICKEN
2. Add chicken and stock; bring to a boil. If stock is nto enough to cover chicken, add additional water.
3. Reduce heat, cover pot and let simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
4. Remove chicken and let stand until cool enough to handle.
5. Remove skin from chicken and tear meat away from bones; discard skin and bones.
*6. Divide chicken into two equal portions and refrigerate for use in this recipe and a later one. Store broth in refrigerator until dinner night.
1. Bring broth up to simmer.
2. In a large bowl, combine dumpling ingredients until doughy. Divide into 12 Tbs size pieces. Set aside.
3. Add one portion of prepared chicken to broth.
4. Return soup to a simmer. Drop the dumplings into simmering soup. Dumplings will rise to the top.
5. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add fresh parsley.
6. Divide into bowls and serve immediately. Serve with a plate of fresh tangerine wedges.
2. in a large bowl