Believe it or not, I approached this recipe with hope. It had other ingredients I loved and, all mixed together, would surely become this miraculously amazing dish! The mix even smelled delicious along with the toasting bread. I got through half the sandwich before the horribly painful indigestion set in.
Anyone who knows me knows I HATE mushrooms. HATE.
2. Saute chopped mushrooms until softened, about 2 minutes.
3. Season with dried thyme, salt, and black pepper.
4. Remove mushrooms from saucepan and transfer to mixing bowl.
5. Add ricotta cheese and dijon mustard; mix well to combine
6. Spread mixture inside each roll.
7. Brush a skillet or pan with olive oil and set over medium-low
8. Place two sandwiches in the skillet. Brush the bottom of another
clean skillet or pan with olive oil and press it bottom-side down
on top of the sandwiches.
9. Leave for 2-3 minutes to heat through.
10. Repeat with other two sandwiches. Brush pans with oil again
11. Slice sandwiches in half, horizontally or diagonally.
1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
3 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
FACEOMETER: 2 FORKS
Mom says: Oh heck no! But the salad was great!