Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hiatus

It. Has. Been. A. Long. Week. *SIGH* I have a TON of catching up to do with recipes, I know.  I have to say, I don't like the format in which I am posting them though.  It's too ridiculous trying to find them all.  If anyone else is familiar enough with this particular blogging site, feel free to give me tips!

I made the "men" follow a recipe and make dinner tonight!  Granted, I did have to step in and help with the preparations, but all in all, the meal was YUMMY!  Kudos to my DurMen!


Easy Baked Salmon with Zucchini and Rice
Ingredients:
1-1/2 lbs fresh salmon fillets
2 medium zucchini, sliced down the middle lengthwise
Marinade:
2 Tbl olive oil
1 tsp lemon zest
1 lemon, juiced
1 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cups prepared brown rice (from previous recipe)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place salmon skin side down on a foil-lined cookie sheet
3. Whisk together olive oil, lemon zest and juice, fresh parsley, salt and pepper.
Spread marinade over the salmon and zucchini
4. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Then, turn the broiler on and broil for 3-5 minutes under direct heat.  Remove from oven.
5. Serve with 1/2-3/4 cups brown rice for each plate.
FACEOMETER: 4 forks!


Mom Says: VERY easy and quick!  A good for you meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment