Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cloud 9 3/4

Dinner was a complete success!!!!!!  Even my picky, I-hate-anything-that-even-sounds-like-vegetables hubby was impressed!  That right there is worth it!  Needless to say, tonight's meal, and FANTABULOUS dessert are keepers!!!

As a side note, I have noticed, even in the few days I have been "Real Fooding" it, I feel amazing!  I'm not bloated, my udder rack is not rivaling my real rack as much, I have energy, and I believe I'm sleeping better! Granted, I still want to stay in bed as long as possible!  Just 5 more minutes mom!


Roasted Cauliflower Soup and Kale Chips


Ingredients:
                                                                                                      For Kale Chips:

1 1/2 heads cauliflower, roughly chopped                                   1 bunch kale, washed
1 large shallot, cut into quarters (I used a Leek)                         1 Tbs olive oil
2 cloves garlic, cut in half                                                               1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
4  cups chicken or vegetable broth (reduce sodium preferred)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded


Roasted Cauliflower Soup

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Arrange cauliflower, shallots, and garlic on a large baking sheet.
3. Drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with salt.
4. Roast for 30 minutes until tender.
5. Transfer to blender
6. Pour in 2 cups of stock and puree until no large pieces are visible.
7. When smooth, transfer to a medium stockpot adding remaining 2 cups of stock.
8. Add black pepper and, if necessary, a little extra salt to taste.

Kale Chips

1. Brush kale leaves with olive oil.
2. Sprinkle with Salt.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 7 minutes per side until crispy.
4. Serve with Soup.

       





FACEOMETER: (at my family's request, I will let the picture tell the story)

 


  Mom Says: Do I really need to say anything?!  They were asking for seconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment