What? Ok, fine. That's MOSTLY true. The dinner WAS amazing and my husband DID love it...however, if sitting down to dinner and eating a nice quiet meal were a class, my family would be sent to the Principal's office. I will sum it up in a run-on sentence. I spit water (trying to demonstrate a trick)on Cdog who fell off his chair in a fit of laughter while my husband blacked out (no lie for 1/2 a second) trying to catch his breath from laughing so hard, then when my daughter began to tell about her day, she took one look at Cdog and began to cry in a fit of laughter while Gman, trying to see what all the fuss was about, leaned over and subsequently hit the handle of PNat's fork catapulting lettuce flying high in the air all the while my head is in my hands wondering where I went wrong as a parent....oh yeah, I spit water on my kid...
Ahem, now to deflect..... even my kitchen is getting a transformation! Here is my Healthy Nook:
Roasted Tomato Flat Bread and Cauliflower Salad
Ingredients: For cauliflower salad:
4-5 whole wheat lavash flatbread (w.w. pita bread will work) 2 Tbs grape seed oil
2 Tbs olive oil 2 tsp white wine vinegar
4 cloves garlic, minced 1 tsp Dijon mustard
3 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano 1/4 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp salt 2 cups arugula lettuce
2 cooked chicken breast, diced* 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1/4 cup water
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
*The 2 set aside chicken from Hopping John recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. On a baking sheet, toast lavash for 1-2 minutes, just until toasted enough to be a sturdy base for the
sauce. You may have to toast the bread in batches. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. Heat olive oil over medium heat for 20-30 seconds in pan.
4. Saute garlic until fragrant but not burned; 1-2 minutes.
5. Add chopped cherry tomatoes and saute for 2-3 minutes, until the liquid has reduced and the sauce has
thickened. During the saute, season cherry tomatoes with dried oregano and salt..
6. Top the flatbreads with sauteed cherry tomato sauce, leaving a 1/2 inch uncovered like a crust.
7. Cover with a layer of diced chicken.
8. Sprinkle a generous amount of Parmesan over each flatbread.
10. Bake in the oven for 5-6 minutes.
1. Whisk grape seed oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper in small bowl.
2. Microwave cauliflower and 1/4 cup water in a medium covered bowl for 4 minutes.
3. Uncover and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
4. Toss arugula and cauliflower with dressing.
FACEOMETER RATING: 4 FORKS!!!!