1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
4-5 Italian chicken sausages (I used turkey)
4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed, divided into two portions
8 oz cherry tomatoes, diced
2 15oz cans cannellini beans
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 cups chicken broth
3 fresh sage leaves, minced
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 Tbs fresh parsley, finely chopped
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat, Add onions and stir to coat with oil.
2. Add sausage. Cook 10 minutes until sausage is cooked through, stirring onions and turning sausage frequently to avoid burning.
3. Remove sausage only and set aside. Add one portion of garlic, followed by tomatoes, beans, salt, and pepper to onions. Mix
5. Once sausages have cooled slightly, slice into 1/4 inch pieces. Return sausage to pan.
6. In a small bowl, combine sage, remainder of garlic, and
Parmesan. Combine half of Parm mix with stew.
7. Divide into 4-5 bowls. Top with remaining Parmesan mix and
garnish with fresh parsley. Serve hot.